The district's second Community Forum was held at Crescent City Jr-Sr high School on Thursday, January 13th. Community members shared questions in a survey prior to the event.
Questions submitted were addressed with the following forum presentations:
- COVID-19/Health Services- Kena Foster, Health Services Coordinator
- Staff Compensation- Rhonda Odom- Assistant Superintendent of Business & Finance
- Curriculum/Acceleration Programs/ESOL Services/School Procedures- Laura France, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Student Discipline- Randy Hedstrom, Director of Student Services
- Student Motivation- Sarajean McDaniel, Executive Director for Leadership Development
- District Revitalization Plan- Dr. Rick Surrency, Superintendent
After the presentations, attendees in person and via zoom were able to ask additional questions. Dr. Surrency shared that he plans to continue to offer the forums as a place for all staff, families and community members to share concerns and learn what the district is doing to support our schools. A forum will be held at Interlachen Jr-Sr High School in the spring.
The forum presentation can be viewed on our PCSD YouTube Channel.